Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wow, what a night!

So, went to the Alaska Democratic Primary in Anchorage, and there was a record turn-out. The traffic was insane, parking difficult, weather well below 0, but still people came. It was truly inspiring. People can because they wanted change, over 75% of the people were there to vote for Obama. My district had 80% for Obama and I was able to be nominated as a delegate for our State Democratic Primary (in Palmer at the end of May)to cast my vote for Obama. Plus, I'll get to help make decisions for our democratic platform. I've always voted in every single election. I guess that makes me a "super voter", but know I'll get to do even more. I'm very excited.

Okay, on to knitting, as I'd mentioned yesterday, I didn't have much time to knit. My knitting buddy and I decided to not bring out knitting with us last night to the cascus. It was very crowded and we got separated, but turns out we're both in the same district. When I got to our room, where do I find my knitting buddy? Sitting next to a lady knitting a scarf and needing some help. We had a good laugh about that one. Maybe we could of knit for about 10 minutes, but the rest of the time we were standing around and probably would of ended up stabbing someone with a knitting needle. We need every democratic vote in the state and I'd hate to have been responsible for causing the loss of any votes.


I'm hoping to get working on the heel of my sock tonight and start up my Fair Isles hat since another knitting mom at school has lent me her circular needles. Looking forward to this hat. I'm using 5 colors of sport weight alpaca that may or may not go together but I'd like to use because my New Years Resolution was to try and use my yarn stash all year, trying to not buy more yarn. Blew it once already, and sure I'll cave a few times more. I've got a serious addiction!

No comments: