Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fingerless Glove Design


Did I mention how happy I am to be done with "those" socks. I still haven't picked out a new sock yet, but in the mean time, I've decided to try and design and knit fingerless gloves to go with the "Diva" Cap I've knit for my niece. I found a pattern that I've changed to use the same cable that's on the Cap and I've downsized my needles 2 times to hopefully have a glove that will fit an 8 year old girl. I'm using the Malabrigo yarn again, but a new skein that, despite being the same lot number as I used on my sweater, has a lot more pink in it. I had started to use this skein with my sweater finished last month, but noticed after a few rows that it was obvious that it didn't really match the rest of the yarn I'd used. Luckily, I had purchased too much yarn and had more to choose from. I'm hoping I can get both gloves knit and have enough to knit another Diva Cap with it. If not, I'll just use the hat I've already knit.

No comments: