Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday- Caucus in Alaska

Don't expect to get much knitting done tomorrow. Busy day at school. Driving for a field trip, with 1st and 2nd graders, to the Eagle River Nature Center to study Alaskan animals and hike down to a beaver pond. It's expected to be in the negative numbers tomorrow,so I'm planning on being wrapped up like the Pilsbury doughman to stay warm. Once we get back to town, I'll have a little time to get home and take care of the dogs, drive back to school to pick up the boys, and, shortly after, what I'm real excited about is going to the Democratic Caucus. I have quite a few friends that are going also. And we're all supporting Obama, so it should be a good time.

I have a Fair Isles hat the I frogged last week because I should of used smaller needles, but unfortuantely, there seems to be a shortage of size 3-16 inch circulars. The hat is in 5 colors and I really don't think I'd like to try it on Double Points. I was speaking to another knitting mom at school about my dilema and she's offered to let me borrow hers. Yeah!

Also, while at school today, one of the moms had her chihuahua wrapped up in her jacket and I mentioned I'd love to knit a sweater for her little dog. She'd made one with a sweater sleeve, but really seemed excited when I made the suggestion. I'm bringing a few patterns I have plus some fun colors of Lambs Pride for her to choose from. Her cute little dog is so small that I don't think it will take much time at all to knit.

And, lastly, I have finally started the heel of my 2nd sock for my Lace Sock Project. Can't wait to finish it and move on to new socks. Thinking I might join a sock of the month club, but seems to be a lot to choose from on Ravelry.

No comments: