Sunday, February 3, 2008

Great Game! Plus, finished hat


What a great game! Especially, if you picked the NY Giants. My husband and I are actually 49'er fans, having both grown up in San Francisco. We moved to Alaska in 1990 and it seems that the longer we've lived away, the worse the team has gotten. Oh well. I ended up picking the NY Giants because they were the underdogs. DH did because he felt they'd played real well the last few games.

My 10 year old picked the Patriots and bet his friend. Loser had to go out and roll in the snow. Did I mention it's -9 outside? He ended up running out in boots and a t-shirt and rolled around in the snow a few times, with chilly results. Should of listened to his father.

As for the hat, I finished just before the 2 minute warning. Had to fix a dropped stitch from about 7 rows down on a cable. That was interesting. I have a tendency to get a little over confident once I've knit a pattern a few times and end up always making some time consuming mistakes. Urgh!

I ended up making the brim just a little smaller on this hat, as I may end up giving to my niece for her birthday. Tried it on my 7 year old and it fits him perfect, so should fit my niece, whose only 2 weeks older. Her birthday is in March, so I have a few more weeks to make a decision. Going to check at my favorite LYS for some other interesting colors of Merino Wool, worsted weight yarns.

No comments: