Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Chilly Saturday in Anchorage

Well, not much knitting going on today. Took my youngest to Jr. Nordic at Kincaid Park. Temperature outside was around 4 degrees and not sure what the wind chill was but it was bad. Some kids came back early and I saw one girl with a bright red cheek with a quarter size white spot on her cheek. Frost bite. I told her to make sure her parents know about it. They were probably out skiing, like most usually do. Lots of parents also came back early from skiing too. Seems its been pretty windy at Kincaid Park and the trail are icy in some areas. Glad I listened to my inner chicken and didn't venture out.

Didn't get much knitting done then because my knitting project requires me to be paying attention to my knitting and I was talking with other parents too much to do that.

Going out with a friend to a Dinner, Dessert and Wine Auction and I'm sure I won't be knitting tonight. I'm looking forward to getting the socks done so I can move on to some of the great socks I've been seeing on Ravelry.

1 comment:

Arctic Knitter said...

Oh - I'm glad we decided not to venture over to Kincaid - the Russian Jack group moved practice to there since it was -11°F yesterday morning. Looks like we made a good choice! Here's to warmer temps coming soon - just think about Kauai!