Thursday, February 7, 2008

What a Heel!



Worked on my Lace sock tonight and after two attempts at the heel using the pattern, I remembered that when I did the other heel, a year ago, I had to use a different pattern. Used my trusty Mid-weight Sock pattern #242,from Knitting Pure and Simple. Also this other pattern seems to never work out right and I always end at the wrong stitch. I really suspect that besides the heel, there are other mistakes in this pattern. I will get this second sock finished, but I sure do look forward to moving on to my next pair of socks. Not sure what I'll pick but I did see some cool socks on Ravelry. Another possibility is doing the sock of the month in my day to day Stitch and Bitch calendar, given to me by my non-knitting friend who's alway seems to appreciate hand knit items.

I ended up having to set this sock down for the night, before I really start to hate it. Cast-on for my Fair Isles Hat from Hats On. Going to make the Medium size hat and see what happens. It may end up being a gift or even an auction item for my kids school. I donated a couple hats for the last auction, two were the Lillehammer Pattern from Cider Moon and the 3rd was the Peruvian Cap from Vogue Knitting Caps & Hats. I see a child at school wearing this last hat all the time. Don't see the other two much, which is a bummer because one of them I had actually knit for me but ended up throwing it in Pink themed basket (I used pink as the contrast color) and figured I'd bid on it. I did and I lost. I'll eventually get around to knitting myself a new one. Maybe I'll end up liking the Fair Isles Hat even better.

No comments: