Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Okay, I was complaining about the cold weather a week or two ago, and now it's too warm. It's been raining on and off for the last few days, which means that all the beautiful snow we got last week is melting away. The roads are a mess. They're either full of puddles and potholes or super slick.

My neighborhood is super slick. Wished I'd bought studded tires a few times today as I ran errands around town. The puddles were gianormous. I feel so bad for pedestrians. Saw one guy get seriously sprayed with filthy puddle water. Here's some video of a pedestrian getting splashed.




I finished my niece's cap last night. Took me a little longer than I planned because the hat ended up being too small and I had to knit a few rows at the bottom, which I found out after binding it off, made the hat lose some of it's elasticity. I had to do another modification today to the hat so it will, hopefully, fit my niece. I took scissors to one of the loops in the binding, put 3 loops onto a needle. Weaved the ends of the clipped yarn in and then using a new piece of yarn, ran it through the loops loosely and then weaved the ends into the hat also. Four rows up is where the hat originally was cast-on and I think that to the untrained eye, it's hardly noticeable that I knit 3 more rows to it. The hat now fits both my boys, so I hope that means it will work for her, too.

I've also started working again on my Fair Isles Hat, and also working on getting my stash on Ravelry. I like that I can see what projects others have done with the yarns I have. Lot's of real great ideas.

I thought I might have yarn for the hats and gloves my kids both want, but I don't. Bummer, I might have to hit a few LYS's in the next day or two. I'll let you know what I end up coming home with.

No comments: