Sunday, February 17, 2008

Birthday Weekend

My weekend started out with going to see the live Broadway production of Hairspray at the Performing Art Centers with my Bunco friends. It was a lot of fun and the music was great. Several of the ladies weren't familiar with Hairspray and were seeing it for the first time. While we were at intermission I got to see how well dressed Anchoragites can be despite the un-cooperative weather. I actually saw several women with beautiful open toed high heels on. How do they do it? I opted for a suede boot with a heel, and, though my toes were toasty, all I could think as I walked along the icy roads was, I could fall any second and end up in an emergency room, baby step, baby step, baby step. I guess these ladies were more willing to make a great sacrifice for the sake of fashion. One of the ladies in our group was up visiting from Portland and actually thought we are better dressed up here. Not sure I believe it. We like our fleece and gortex too!

Saturday, (my birthday), I decided to skate ski while my boys were at Jr. Nordic. I discovered that I've been knitting too much rather then skiing when the boys are out skiing. Boy am I out of shape. That's going to have to change.

I finished my Single Cable fingerless gloves for my niece later that day and I'm almost done with the hat. Which could mean that I can use 1 Skein of the Malabrigo Merino Worsted Weight for the whole project. I should know for sure tomorrow if it can be done.

I saw the boy hats that Tiennie has made and both my boys are interested in them, so may be getting started on those, if I have the right yarn and get the pattern. The boys are also really wanting a pair of fingerless gloves, similar to what I've made my niece. Still haven't working on my Fair Isles hat since I did the cast-on. Maybe I'll work on that next or maybe I'll start a new pair of socks. So may project ideas, so little time!

No comments: