Monday, February 11, 2008

Snowy Morning!

Woke up to 4 inches of fresh snow. What a great surprise! I had stayed up pretty late last night working on my lace socks and it was not snowing when I went to bed. It actually was still snowing outside this am, while I was getting the boys lunches ready. An added bonus with new snow is that all the "yellow" snow in my yard is gone, at least for a few days. Yeah, that's a gross image, I agree, but it's a reality when you have two dogs.

On to knitting. I finished my socks tonight and I'm so happy to be done with these things. The lace pattern seemed to never be quite right, despite me counting my stitches, working carefully, rechecking all my stitches, almost every time. The good part about this is that I learned very well, yo, ssk, and psso. All new stitches to me a year ago when I started these. I've done several projects in between these two socks and feel very comfortable with these stitches now. I'm looking forward to doing another pair of socks, just not these ever again. Just to make sure I'll cross this pattern out in the book it came from. If your reading this and some day I even mention doing these socks again, please do whatever you can to stop me. I mean it!

No comments: