Wednesday, July 2, 2008

FO & Vacation Knitting Projects


Finished my gift for my SIL, just in time to personally hand it to her in CA. Not hat and glove weather down there, but come winter, she'll be all set. I plan on knitting another set for my youngest niece before her birthday, in September. Not sure what yarn I'd like to use for her. I may end up using some yarn from my stash. I have some Lush that might end up being perfect. It so soft and shouldn't be too itchy for a 7 year old.

Leaving first thing in the am to CA, so I've decided to take along the Lotus Blossom Tank project. I would love to get it close to finished while I'm down, and have even packed another 2 skeins of yarn that should do the job. The only glitch is that the 3rd set of circulars that I need are holding a hat project that I haven't touched in a few months. I'm bringing that project down too, just in case I get to the point that I need these needles. I even considered making myself finish the hat project before I used the needles, but knitting a wool/alpaca hat by the pool doesn't sound good to me. The bamboo yarn I'm using for the Lotus Blossom Tank is a nice cooling yarn.

I was just at the Ravelry site getting some links for this blog and found out some exciting news about one of my knitting projects. I'll share that news on my next blog.

No comments: