Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rv'n San Francisco Style & Farmer's Market





We saw this cool Camper on the way to the airport. Note the prius a short ways ahead of it.



The boys and I play a car game up here in Anchorage, trying to be the first to call out a sighting of either a Prius, Corvette, VW Bug or a few more exotic cars that we rarely see, like Ferrari's. If we were calling out pick-ups, there would be constant yelling in my car up here. Now, in California, Prius's seem to be the car of choice. The boys were constantly calling them out.

No exageration, we were at a Farmer Market by my mother's (we walked to it) and I counted 4 Prius's in less than 20 seconds. This was a big difference from just a few years ago, when everyone seemed to be driving SUV's. It's a nice change. Hybrid's everywhere.

I'm pleased to report that the sun made a brief appearance this afternoon while I was BBQ'ing dinner. There were brief periods of rain also, but at this point, who cares, I felt sunshine on my face.

In honor of sunshine, I thought I'd share a few pictures from the Farmer's Market in San Mateo, California. I was the dorky tourist, oogling and taking pictures of all the freshly grown fruits and veggies, like I'd never seen it before.
































































































































That's me with a bag full of nectarines, peaches, and mint for Mojitos. Yummy!

No comments: