Wednesday, July 16, 2008




We're back from our 10 day trip to Northern California. We had a great time and I did manage to get a little knitting and book reading done and think I'm a little closer to making the perfect Mojito.





We spent the 4th of July at Great America Amusement Park. Figured since it was an America themed amusement park, they'd have some "special" 4th of July events. Nope, nada,nothing. We still managed to have a "great" day. The ride to the left is called the Survivor and is based of the tv show. What a blast! The whole family thought it was the best ride that we'd been on. Yes, this ride spins and rides the rail like a roller coast. It goes just slow enough though to not be crazy. Keep in mind that we didn't ride every ride and a few rides in the park looked insane!

Here's two of them. The roller coaster I might of done when I was a teen, but now a days, I'd end up sick for the rest of the day. The second ride is a swing that is way, way, way up in the air when they let it drop. No way, never.

We ended up leaving before dark, since there were no fireworks planned at the park. We did end up watching fireworks though. We had a decent view from near my mom's house of large fireworks displays all around the SF Bay Area. We saw some amazing ones towards San Jose-Silicon Valley area that were shapes. Saw an apple shape, jupiter or saturn shapes, hearts, some very cool stuff that, we're guessing were from a big company, like, Yahoo. Just way too big to be funded by a city. No pictures of them,though sorry.

Have to say it was our best 4th in a very long time. My next post will be about another event we did while in CA and also a very proud moment I had as a mother. HINT: Think Banana Slugs.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to go to Great America as a kid when I visited my grandparents. It's a fun place. I'm not a big ride person, never have been, but I still enjoy Great America and my sister is a roller coaster junkie so she always LOVED it there!

Welcome back to the cold and rain of Anchorage!