Friday, April 25, 2008

Shoes For Knit, Socks, How's My SAL Going, New Diva Shoes




Went shoe shopping today. My goal was a cute pair of shoes to show off my knit socks and a pair of UGG Espadril's that I'd seen at Christmas time, but weren't available until February. Mission Accomplished! (Not like the president!)






I ended up buying the Croc Malindi's.

It's more of a ballerina slipper than a Mary-Jane. Picking a color was tough. Lot's of real cute colors to choose from, but I ended up with the silver, since I might have a better chance of matching them with my socks. Not sure if they'll match with my current project, but they do seem to go with the rest.

SAL update. Frogged the socks back to before the start of the gusset. Two reasons, After listening to Cheryl's podcast Diva Knitting, Epsiode 11, where she gives great sock advice, I realized I probably didn't need a gusset. This was reconfirmed when I put the sock on when I finished the heel. Too loose, plus, I had extra stitches that I'd have to get rid of before I could get back to the pattern for the top. Too much work! The other reason was, Cheryl has a technique for knitting the wrapped stitches in the short-rows that leave neater looking heel. I'm going to give that a try, too.

And, yesterday I was wearing flip-flops. Yesterday, I was thrilled to see the mud in my yard was drying up. Yesterday, I bought a few things for my garden. For the last two days we were over 60 degrees. Shorts weather by our standards. Today, my dogs feet aren't getting muddy, because the mud is under a few inches of snow, I'm wearing clogs and socks, I had to scrap snow off my car, and there's no way I'm touching my flower bed today. Weird April! Winter was a little late this year, so I guess it decided to stay longer at the end. Not sure I've ever seen it snow like this at the end of April. Tomorrow, is the Boyscouts Pinewood Derby Race's, at the Park Strip (outside, I'm the den leader, and I have to go) and The Heart Run (I'm too lazy), and from the way it's snowing right this moment, I don't think it's going to melt away overnight. Should make for an unforgettable Saturday.

No comments: