Thursday, March 20, 2008

Vacation Knitting Project-Cashmere Arrived Just in Time

Yesterday, I was busy setting up a few knitting probabilities for my vacation. I am going to finish up my Boyfriend socks. But I also was going to bring along my Fair Isles hat that I've only done 2 rows of on borrowed needles.(Both projects are at the Ravelry site) Plus, I was going to bring along the needles and directions for the Diva hats and maybe get started on one for either my other niece or sister-inlaw.

But then, my new yarn arrived that I bought from a fellow Ravelry member. Plymouth Royal Cashmere. Yummy!

A few weeks ago, I realized that I needed to get a special gift for my son's teacher. She's been the teacher for both my son's for a total of 4 years so I really was trying to think of something special. Well, she's a quilter and, therefore, very appreciative of homemade gifts. I made her a scarf (Lions brand Homespun 1 hour scarf) that she wears everyday at school recess. In fact, she asked for a hat to go with it, which I gladly knit up that evening for her. Another time, she was cold and I handed her my cashmere scarf and she loved it. So, I realized quickly that this was the perfect gift for this year.

I decided to take a look at the Ravelry site and, there it was, a beautiful green, that would look gorgeous on Kass. I bought the yarn from Somebunnyslove . Paid her through Paypal and she actually sent it to me that very day. Awesome seller, as they'd say on Ebay. I wasn't sure if it would get to me in time to take on the Hawaii trip, but it did. And, now I'll be knitting with Cashmere in Paradise. I've knit this scarf (several times with Alpaca, once with Cashmere) a few times so I have the pattern pretty much in my head so it will be a relaxing project. Got the Ipod loaded up with podcasts and the kids have there cousins to play with all day.

I will be computerless during this trip so I probably won't be posting until I get back, the first part of April. But if I do find one, I'll send out a quick post and maybe even some pictures. I can't download pictures tonight because we're trying to download a movie for the Ipod.

1 comment:

Arctic Knitter said...

Have a safe, fun, warm trip! Kauai is awesome!! Kass is so lucky - I need to work on some matching mittens for the hats I made Sharon, Pam, and Julie. :0)