Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gifted "Diva Hat" and Fingerless Gloves A Hit! Plus Picture of My Puppy Nephew-I See Sweaters In His Future



Just heard from my sister-inlaw, that the Diva Hat (Newsboy Cap from Stitch and Bitch) was a hit! It was a birthday present for my 8 year old niece and I was a little nervous. Turns out, not only did she love it, but so did her little sister, their friend and my sister-inlaw. If they like this color, I have enough Malabrigo Worsted Weight Merino to knit 2 more sets, if not, I may either have them pick out yarn while we're in Kauai or pick up some at the Ravelry site. I've noticed quite a few people willing to trade or sell theirs and there are some real cute colors available. I think the Malabrigo is so soft! Obviously, if you've seen the sweater, other hats, and mittens I've knit with it. My niece is taking it to Hawaii so I can see her in the ensemble and I'm going to take a few pictures for my blog and Ravelry. It's so nice when a gifted knit works out so well.

Other exciting news is that they just got a new puppy. He's so adorable he almost doesn't seem real. I can't wait to meet him this summer, when we fly down. He's a Malti-Poo, which is a Maltese-Poodle cross. I can't wait to knit him a few things when he's done growing, even though sweater season for dogs in California is pretty short. My two Australian Cattledogs really have no need for sweaters, even though they're in Alaska.




Speaking of living in Alaska, I almost forgot. The librarian at our school took my 2nd grader's class out to cross country ski this afternoon. The kids had a blast, especially when they got to ski down the sledding hill. Boy, was my son tired tonight. He went right to bed, despite all the excitement about our trip this Friday.

No comments: