Thursday, May 8, 2008

It Really is Springtime in Spenard!


Finally, I feel I can be confident in saying it is Spring here in Anchorage. I can't say that for my friends who live up the hill (really a mountain by most standards). Yesterday was Teacher Appreciation day and I was able to clip a few daffodyls for the office staff at school. As you can see from the pictures, my tulips and peonies have survived another winter. When the peonies bloom in a few months, I'll be sure to share a few pictures.

Now, time for knitting news. I have finished up with my teacher's gift and will post a few pictures in a week or two, as it could end up being a spoiler. I also started a fingerless glove pattern called Evangeline. I'm using the Cascase Yarns 220 Superwash for this one. Okay, this project was started before I finished up a few things, but a friend mentioned really wanting a pair and, well, how do you resist a request from a good friend.

I am still working on the Jaywalker Socks. Not sure I'm really liking the way the pattern fits on the foot. I'll update everyone once I've finished the first sock.

Other knitting news. Last Saturday, I took my youngest, Ian, with me to my favorite LYS and knit together. He seems to be starting to like it. Also, bought some yarn and more addi needles. Picked up some size 3 16" circulars so I can give back a borrowed set, and bought some size 7 40" circulars so I use the magic loop technique on the fingerless gloves.

Well, that's the quick updates for now. I'll post again real soon with links. Promise

No comments: