Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Flowers & What's On My Needles






Thought I'd share a few pictures of the flowers I bought yesterday. The top photo is a hanging basket and I can't wait to see it with all it's blooms soon. As for the other flowers, I can't plant them just yet, because they've been grown in a greenhouse and need to get "hardened" for the cold evenings. Traditionally, in Anchorage, we can safely plant annual flowers around Memorial Weekend. Every evening for the next few days, I need to bring the flowers back into the garage and then back out first thing in the am back out. They should be ready to plant in the ground or flower pots by this weekend. I also bought 2 mint plants for Mojito's all summer long. The last picture is of some Forget-Me-Nots, that are for my perinianl flower bed that currently has the peonies, lilies, lilacs, tulips, a couple Jacob's Ladders and some petunia's that have decided to make a 2nd appearance.

Now for knitting news. I'm still working on the Jaywalker socks and I'm starting to think they might end up being my road trip project when we're out camping. I may just buck-up, though, and get them done. Really not liking the pattern. It's easy, but not exciting.

I'm going to start another project that I've already bought yarn for. The Lotus Blossom Tank, that I'd heard about when I was listening to Stash and Burn. Worked on the gauge but even though I've gone down a needle size, the gauge is still off. Might just make the pattern a little smaller. And, at the Ravelry site, I've found lots of tips for this pattern and plan to make some changes, accordingly.

Lastly, I've started the fingerless gloves for my SIL. I'm going to try and make a matching pattern to go with her diva cap.

Future projects: The boys both want a Half-Pipe Cap, from The Son of Stitch and Bitch and I'll probably get another pair of socks going, since I've got quite a few skeins of sock yarn.

No comments: