Friday, May 30, 2008

Knitting at the Alaska Democratic State Party Convention


This past weekend, I spent 3 days out at the Palmer State Fairgrounds, attending the Alaska Democratic State Party Convention, as a state delegate for Barack Obama. I was elected during our Caucus in February for District 25(Spenard). Several of my neighbors and a good friend of mine had also attended the February Caucus on that very chilly (4 degrees)February night. After the initial cascusing, they all stuck around to vote for me as a delegate. My friend volunteered to be an alternate and planned to come along too, as she's also one of my knitting buddies.

One exciting thing that happened at the convention, was that Barack had a video address for us before we did our final delegate counts. Here's the video:





I had planned on getting to work on the Lotus Blossom Tank while out at the Fairgrounds, however, I didn't have the right circular needles with me. URGH! I had grabbed the wrong set. So, I ended up working some more on the Jaywalker socks. Sad to report, I am still on the first one, and not really looking forward to the 2nd. I will not give up, though I keep thinking about all the other beautiful sock yarns sitting at my house. I just really don't like to get too many things going at once, so I'll keep trudging along.

And, tonight is the Elton John Concert. I managed to get some tickets and we'll be heading out with our camera. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Time to get fixed up for Elton. Bye!

No comments: