Monday, January 19, 2009

The Trip Of A LIfetime


I'll be try to be brief. Let's see, on the metro going to the Library of Congress, we met out tour guide, who let us follow him to the Library, then took us through the tunnels underneath to get from on building to another. The tour was great. Then we went to The National Arcives which were relatively empty and saw the Declaration of Indepence, Bill of Rights and Constitution. Saw many interesting documents and objects. Then, after lunch, we decided to go to the Spy museum, which was very interesting. I liked the 2nd half, Vince liked the first.

Afterwards, we were very tired, it was dark, I wanted to head back to the hotel, but my mom insisted we head to the Lincoln Memorial to see it at night. It was very cold but Vince and walked along. Then, jsut as we passed teh Washington Momument, we heard James Taylor. "oh, they're testing out the speakers", I thought. Then, as we walked further, I started to hear U2. Okay, seeing how rock/pop sounds. I look up at the Jumbotrons around the Pool, and I see Bono, The Edge, Adam and Larry all bundled up playng with US Flags in background. "OMG! It's them rehearsing!". Whe I told my mom it's U2, she looked at me puzzled. Then she saw Bono and said
There's Bono". "Yeah, mom like I said U2". "Oh, he's part of a music group?". "Yes, mom and they are aas big as the Beatles to people around my age and they're playing right now!". "WALK FASTER PLEASE, I've never seen them live, nor, did I ever think I would." This conversation occurred while we were walking, by the way.

Thought we'd never make it, but we did make it to see then run through they're program of 2 songs, two times and it was awesome!

The next day we were at the We Are Once Concert! Fantactic! Posted pictures of all this on Facebook and will get a flickr album soon.






Oh, and I got to see Jerry Seinfelds "Puffy Shirt" and Steven Colbert's Portrait with a portrait. Now there's some real pieces of history!

3 comments:

corinne said...

Diana ~ thanks for posting about your trip to this historic inauguration. you seeing U2 reminds me that Obama is our generation moving into the White House! Is that great or does it mean that I'm old? have a great time. ~ corinne

corinne said...

just as i posted that comment, world cafe put on a U2 song, Pride, about Martin Luther King Jr. "In the name of love ..."

PTCruiser said...

And you blog, too!!! This is awesome!
-Rory