Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting Ready for DC, travel knitting, frenzy knitting, & the Bean Sprout update




I think I may have mitten fever. Did these over Winter Break, when I realized I just didn't like my other felted mittens. The pinkish color didn't felt well, which I was concerned about since it was on the lighter side. Oh well. Taking these to DC with me should the temperatures continue to stay "cold".

Shortly, before finishing these, my mother-inlaw asked me for one of my "diva caps" in blue. So I just had to go and buy more yarn for the job. My husband actually asked me why I had to buy more yarn when I have 3 crates full of yarn. He should know better than to ask.






After giving him a quick eye roll, off to Far North Yarn I ran. And, in addition to buying some Vero, I finally bought a skein of Noro Kureyon. No project for this yarn yet, but I've always been intrigued by it and so many see to love it.








I only have the brim to finish on my mother-inlaws hat. But, of course, knitters ADD has started. As I started packing for my DC trip, I realized I did not have a set of mittens that matched any of the hats I'm bringing along.





I decided to start knitting mittens for my good old diva cap from last year since I still have almost a whole skein. Finished one mitten, except for the thumb last night and started the next one this afternoon. Using a very easy mitten pattern, but since I wanted it to be diva-ish, I am using some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky. Hope to finish tonight before we leave as I plan on finishing my mother-inlaws hat as part of my travel knitting and then work on




my Maui Monkey socks the rest of the trip.

Why, oh why have I decided on such a deadline.

Well, back to knitting these mittens and who knows, maybe I'll knit a pair to go with my Obama Hat.

I'm bringing my laptop to DC and will try and post some pictures while we're there.

No comments: