Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Little A.A.D.D. Knitting

Boy, I've been having a heck of a time staying focused on my 3 different knitting projects. I keep the Jaywalker sock project in the car with me, in case I can get some of it done during the boys soccer practices. However, I usually end up talking to fellow soccer parents the whole time. I sometimes feel it might be rude to keep knitting while I'm talking with non-knitters. And, since the boys want to do a play by play recap with me, I don't think knitting during their games would go over well with them.

Then there's the Lotus Blossom Tank project, that I'm working on. Boy, this project requires one to able to remember where they're at in the whole 230 stitch round. I don't think I've managed a single row without some sort of interruption, either by family members, my dogs, or me being lured away to see whats going on at the Ravelry groups I've joined, plus, I just bought myself my first laptop. After several mistakes that I hope won't be noticable, in the first 10 rows, I think I came up with a solution.

The LBT really is a series of 10 stitch repeats and I finally figured out how to not loose my place, with all the distractions. I've placed stitch markers every 10 stitches, 20 in a few spots where because I didn't quite have enough markers, and that way I can more easily figure out where I was at, plus make sure I didn't make a mistake.

The third project, is the fingerless gloves for my SIL. I need those done before we visit them in early July. I keep putting it off, since they really don't take more than a few evenings. Boy, that thought process is really going to bite me in the ass, soon. I can be such a procrastinator. Urgh.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I really need to get a diva cap and fingerless gloves made for my 2nd niece, whose birthday is in the middle of August. Just have to decide if I want to give them to her in person in July or, since my son's will be heading back down a few weeks later, I could send them with the boys. Decisions....decisions. I think I'll procrastinate on that thought, too.

No comments: