Saturday, March 7, 2009

Vacation Knitting-Maui Monkey Socks on Maui


Usually when heading on a trip, I have to spend some time deciding what knitting project I'm going to take with me. This trip, it's an easy decision. My second Monkey Sock. Why? The yarn I'm using is from Maui Yarns. The yarn color is called Ripe Pineapple and I'll be seeing it's inspiration frequently for the next 10 days.



I've finished the first sock today, finally, and plan to start the second sock on the plane. Maybe will even work on it while on the beach.

I've heard there is a yarn shop near where I'm staying and plan on picking up a few more Hawaiian inspired yarns for future projects, because I just don't have enough yarn.

Yes, I do have a yarn addiction. It's a great addiction to have if you ask me. Besides, it's only taking up two shelves in the garage, a shelf in a cabinet in the living room and one of the vinyl storage boxes we use as a coffee table. I'm pretty sure I can fit a few more skeins in one of these spots.

1 comment:

Arctic Knitter said...

The sock turned out great! Have a great & warm vacation!