Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why Diva? (My First Blog)

Welcome to my knitting blog. You may wonder why I'm a Knitting Diva. Well, honestly, it's hard to feel like a Diva when it's -4 outside, in the middle of a dark Alaskan Winter, but for most of the year, I feel like a Knitting Diva. Besides I'm a member of a recently started Women's Mountain Biking club, called AlaskaDirtDivas . So Diva it is. Hope I live up to this label.

As I get the hang of this blogging thing, I'll start adding more to this site. I've done quite a bit of knitting the past few years and I'm currently dealing with a sweater that I should of blocked before seaming, knitting a pair of lace socks, knitting a cool Cap (Stitch and Bitch Nation), and about to frog a Fair Isles Hat (Hats On) that I had decided to knit even though the gauge on my swatch was wrong. Five rows into it, it's just way too big. I should know better, but sometimes I get too excited about a project and think, maybe, just maybe, this will work out with the wrong size needles. Wrong again! I must learn patience and wait until I have the right needles for the project.

No comments: