Monday, January 28, 2008

My "Diva" Cap

Finished my Cabled Newsboy Cap, from Stitch and Bitch Nation, last night. The yarn I used is made locally by Rabbit Ridge Design
, 100% Columbia wool, in a hand dyed color called Camo.

I picked this project to do because it reminds me of the caps my grandmother knit and wore everywhere. She made a for my son when he was born and I made sure to take a few pictures of him with them on, to send to her back in California. I've decided to knit one for each of my nieces so I can continue my grandma's tradition. I hope these are hip enough for my very stylish, diva-ish nieces.

By the way, I used plastic from my recycle bin inside the brim of the hat. I'd finished knitting it around 9pm last night and really wanted to wear it the next day, so I went through my recycling and found the Costco Chocolate Chip Cookie container, and, low and behold, the side panel was the perfect size for the Brim Template. I did trim it just a little smaller than the template after sewing it up the first time and deciding I wanted the brim a little shorter.

Still haven't frogged the Fair Isle's Hat yet, maybe tonight. In the mean time, I've got to work on the Ravelry Notebook.

No comments: