Sunday, November 6, 2011

AK Knitting Diva Designs

Buck and a Half Sweater
It's been a while since I've posted on my blog.  It's been so long, I've forgotten how to post pictures.  Maybe I'll get it figured out soon.  

Finished the sweater I was working on in the last post. Wear it all the time, though had a scary incident where I forgot it at a movie theater, didn't realize it for several days, and, heavy sigh, it was in the office lost and found.  Much more careful with it now and ordering tags soon to put in my sweaters with a phone number.







Betty and I at SFM, summer 2011
Keren and Mobile Mending on July 4th Weekend

Have some exciting news.  After being invited to sell my knits at a friends booth, Mobile Mending, at the Spenard Farmers Market, I ended up starting up a small business:  AK Knitting Diva Designs.   I had so much fun every Saturday making new friends, both vendors and frequent visitors, seeing people liking my hand knits enough to actually want to buy them.  It was an amazing experience that I plan on repeating next summer.

Also, was invited to sell my items at a local shop, Back Alley Arts,  and another location in Seward, Alaska, Resurrect Art Coffee House .  

A variety of Headbands made for Resurrect Arts in Seward








 I have to admit, so far this has been a lot of fun.  Trying new ideas all the time and it's very satisfying to see people enjoying my work enough to actually pay for it.  Thank you all.  P.S. Custom Orders welcome.
Neck Cowls
Diva Hat






No comments: